Ultima IV Method
I tried the Ultima IV method of killing him with energy fields to no avail. I had one character eat through 6 thousand food while LB sat trapped inside lightning fields standing on fire and poison fields. There was no sign of LB taking any damage. I'll continue but I think my character might starve first.
- Oh, I also tried killing him with the Skull of Mondain and it didn't work either (both in and out of combat). I did all this on the PC version. If anyone has other ports to test on that'd be great. -- Fenyx4 06:24, March 16, 2010 (UTC)
- You know, I questioned this method, too. I recalled trying EVERYTHING to kill LB in IV back in the day, and nothing worked then, either. Maybe on one of the random odd ports it's possible, but not the PC or Apple versions. --Polygoncount 06:35, March 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Another even older version is doing precisely what I am doing but claims it worked. I traced the original source on wikipedia and it was an anonymous user. I did try the tremor thing mentioned and it does cause him to flee (but that isn't the same as killing).
- On a side note I just found a bug I don't think I've encountered before. I killed a guard in Castle Britannia and accidentally attacked the treasure chest he dropped. I ended up in a fight with a Phantom whose icon flashed between a chest and an ankh. -- Fenyx4 06:54, March 16, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't think that's a bug. I used to do that back in the day (on the Amiga version) when I needed xp more than gold. It's very inefficient, but I was just a kid back then and didn't know any better! --Warder Dragon 11:12, March 16, 2010 (UTC)